With last year being filled with out of town weddings and work trips to Atlanta I think I have perfected the weekend bag. I have strategized over and over how to not carry three bags plus a hanging bag or how to not have a giant bag to lug around the whole weekend. Some secrets I have found is black is my friend, I can pair it with anything and make multiple outfits and to plan outfits around one cardigan and jacket so that I don't have to pack lots of large items. Aside from clothes these are my few go to items for a weekend away.
1. By Boe Necklace - this necklace goes with everything and doesn't tangle when packed
2. Field Notes Notebook - to record those fabulous finds throughout your trip
3. Yes To Facial Wipes - to freshen up on the long days out and about
4. Headphones - for a quiet moment in a coffee shop
5. Ballet Flats - they pack tiny and go with everything
6. A Good Magazine - for the car ride or any downtime.
7. iPhone - for directions, schedule and so much more
8. Emi-Jay Hair Ties - the best hair ties, they are lovely and comfortable and totally addicting
9. Fuji Instax Camera - the best, compact, instant film camera